Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
2016 Personal Tax Forms
- All personal income tax forms
- IT-140 Income Tax Form with instructions (fill in on your computer, then save and print out)
- IT-140 with instructions Personal Income Tax Forms and Instructions Booklet
- The IT-140NRS has been eliminated as a standalone form. The Special Nonresident Income for Reciprocal States is now Part III of IT-140 Schedule A located on page 42 of this booklet. Additional details and instructions can be found on page 15 under General Instructions and with the instructions for Schedule A on page 26
- IT-140 V Individual Income Tax Electronic Payment Voucher and Instructions
- Schedule A Schedule of Income [Non-Residents and Part-Year Residents only]
- WV4868 Application for Extension of Time to File (fill in on your computer, then save and print out)
Filing Your Tax Return
WV State Tax Department
Individual Income Taxpayer Assistance General assistance by telephone (Monday through Friday 8a.m. - 5:00 p.m.): 304-558-3333 or 800-982-8297 or TDD 800-282-9833
Where do I mail my forms?
- If you are getting a Refund: West Virginia State Tax Department, PO Box 1071, Charleston WV 25324-1071
- If you have a Balance Due: West Virginia State Tax Department, PO Box 3694, Charleston WV 25336-3694
Refunds: To check on the status of your refunds, use the Tax Department’s website at https://mytaxes.wvtax.gov/_/. Be prepared to provide your Social Security Number and refund amount. Be sure to close the browser window when finished on MyTaxes. Tax filing information remains in your browser memory until you close.