Purpose: To keep track of your research for later reference; to create a bibliography that can be reviewed by the instructor; and to allow you to find connections f your research to strengthen your thinking.
- Research Log forms, as given, with information entered correctly, up to date with your most recent research.
- To be filled out correctly: the first section is for citation information, and the second section is for gathering information from the source.
- At least 2 sources will be logged
- Handwriting must be legible
- Must use the provided forms (entries may be spread across multiple forms)
When referencing the text of the case (not interpretation or explanation), follow the legal form of case citation [Title of case, case number (name of court and year decided), with the addition of where they found it.
Example: Right to Read Com. v. School Com. Etc. on Justia.com https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp/454/703/2135164/
Cited as:Right to Read Defense Com. v. SCHOOL COM., ETC., 454 F. Supp. 703 (D. Mass. 1978). Justia.com