IF I APPLY
Use the first steps of ‘IF I’ in order to identify your personal biases that will cloud your judgment on the topic. Once you have sources of information collected you must justify why each source has credibility by using the ‘APPLY’ steps.
- Identify emotions attached to topic.
- Find unbiased reference sources for proper review of topic.
- Intellectual courage to seek authoritative voices on topic that may be outside of thesis. _______________________________________________
- Authority established. Does the author have education and experience in that field?
- Purpose/Point of view of source. Does the author have an agenda beyond education or information?
- Publisher? Does the publisher have an agenda?
- List of sources (bibliography). Is the evidence sound?
- Year of publication. Does the year of publication effect the information?