Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- U.S. Census Bureau: County Business and Demographics - County Business Patterns provides annual statistics for businesses with paid employees within the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
- Business Wire - Press releases and business news and general news. Special sections provide updates on Corporate, Hi-Tech and Bioscience happenings.
- Hoover's Corporate Directory - Choose the Company name search from the Corporate directory to see a page of general information and links to other web sites related to your company.
- International Trade Web Resources - Federation of International Trade Meta site.
- New York Stock Exchange Companies - Links to home pages of companies listed on NYSE.
- Quicken.com Investments - A source of investment information.
- Small Business Association - A variety of government sponsored business programs.
- ThomasNet - Extensive free database of manufacturers by product or company.
- U.S. Department of Commerce - Home page for Department of Commerce.
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office - Useful information for applying for patents and trademarks.
- https://vizala.com - Vizala is an online database that is completely free and open. It combines market research, demographic, economic, and industry data from many different sources and organizes the data for specific areas of interest. Vizala also provides tools that allow you to customize any view of data with filtering and sorting options. You can then save, share, or export any of those customized views.
- https://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/economy-jobs/ Jacob S.- My paper is going to cover the United States economy. This site gave a good overall summary of what we are trying to accomplish in fixing our economy. This is a good website in helping readers to understand what is going on in our world today, both on our soil and internationally.
- http://www.sba.gov/category/navigation-structure/starting-managing-business/starting-business/ Ben M.- My parents started up a business about ten years ago so I was very interested in this source. It went over steps about what to do if you wanted to start your own business. Each category went to another page that further explained each step. I think this page will come in handy for new business owners and people who already have established businesses.
- Learn how to find SWOT Analysis information about companies. (video by Professor Larry Sheret, Marshall Univeristy)