Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About PQ Nursing & Allied Health
ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health is a powerful resource that offers these resources:
- At least 350 full-text journals
- Thousands of full-text nursing dissertations
- Study paths that support nursing curriculum
- Culturegrams --- more that 200 reports that provide information about cultural practices and beliefs that will support patient care
- Hundreds of training videos
- Online reference sources
- Extensive figures, graphs, tables, charts
- MeSH subject headings
- Evidence based, peer-reviewed, and other search limits are available in advanced searching
For more detailed information check out the Nursing & Allied Health Guide prepared by ProQuest.
About search terms
There are no rules about the search terms you use. You can refine your search by using MeSH terms but you don't have to be limited to MeSH terms only.Here are some observations:
- This database allows you to "Search Within" and this will narrow results
- Quotation marks help to limit. Note the difference in results between lateral violence AND evidence-based and "lateral violence" AND "evidence-based"
- Using the Advanced Search feature offers many ways to refine and limit search results