- We all want to be involved and needed. It is okay to say NO once in a while.
- Stick to what is most important to you. Family, church, school come first. Everything else can be scheduled around those.
Work According to Priorities
- Consult your schedule regularly
- Put all dates on a calendar – Everything.
Make To-Do Lists
- Be reasonable – Don’t take on too much, it just leads to frustration
- Leave room for the unexpected
- Don’t wait until the last minute to do things!!!!
- Check the list periodically
- Check off completed tasks (it’s fun)
- The simple act of checking off tasks improves production.
Use pockets of time to your advantage
- If you have something mindless to do, it can be done while waiting to pick up kids at activities or while watching TV
Mornings set the tone for the day
- If you take your lunch, pack it the night before.
- Set out a couple outfits to wear for the week. (after you wear those, set out more) This saves a lot of time in the mornings.
- Make sure your keys and anything else you will need is in one place before you go to bed.
Stick with your schedule as much as possible
- Don’t make each day jammed full of tasks, appointments, work and class. Filter out some things for another day.
- Give yourself breathing room for the unexpected
- Don’t stress if you have to move something to tomorrow’s list or next week’s list
Use a Planner
- Whether paper or digital, a planner is our best memory.
- Trying to remember everything leads to failure
- Color coding helps with visual tracking
- What to track:
- Start with personal commitments (birthdays, appointments, etc)
- Go through your work calendar and add deadlines and meetings