Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Borrowing Books from the List
To borrow one of the books from the Staff Recommendations list, click on the title link, which will take you to the library catalog. Once you are there, click on the "Request" button at the top of the page (pictured below):
Requesting a book requires that you be registered for a My Library account.
Once you have requested the book, it will be made available for you through our No-Touch Circulation system (click to read more).
While most of the books listed below are from MU Libraries' own collection, others are not, but they can still be requested from our partner libraries through our EZ-Borrow and Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services. These are both free to use if you are a Marshall student, faculty, or staff member!
- To search for an item using EZ-Borrow, click here to log in with your MU username and password. Once you are logged in, use the Simple Search bar (or the Advanced Search at the top right) to locate an item by title, keyword, author, etc.
- Click on items you are interested in on the list of results to display more information.
- If you want to request an item, click under "Select Pickup Location" and choose either "Drinko Library Circulation Desk" to pick up your item at the Huntington campus or "Graduate College General Collection" to pick it up at the South Charleston campus.
- Once requested, most EZ-Borrow items take between 3-5 business days to arrive. (You will receive an e-mail letting you know when it is available to pick up.)
- If the item is not requestable via EZ-Borrow, the system will display a link allowing you to make an Interlibrary Loan request.
- If no libraries have the item you want through EZ-Borrow, you can request it through Interlibrary Loan.
- To use Interlibrary Loan, you will need to register for an IDS Express account (click the link to register).
- Once you have registered for an account, find the link for the type of item (book, article, music recording, etc.) you want to borrow and provide as much information as you can to help lending staff locate your item.
- Interlibrary Loan requests are generally not as fast as EZ-Borrow, because they are often coming from farther away. Allow at least 5-15 days for them to arrive.
If you have any questions about or problems with these services, please contact MU EZ-Borrow or IDS Services.