Handbook of Forensic Services - Published by the Federal Bureau of Investigation Laboratory Division
- "The purpose of the Handbook of Forensic Services is to provide guidance and procedures for safe and efficient methods of collecting, preserving, packaging and shipping evidence...."
Homeland Security Digital Library - From the Department of Homeland Security
- Access to over 50,000 government documents and academic theses
- Especially helpful in the field of cyber forensics
In the Spotlight: Forensic Science: Publications - From NCJRS, the National Criminal Justice Reference Service
- Includes links to full-text government publications such as case studies, reports and manuals related to forensic science
- Other sections of the Spotlight include Facts and Figures, Legislation, etc.
NCJRS Publications/Products - From the National Criminal Justice Reference Service
- A searchable database of publications across many government agencies
- Free PDF access for most documents
NIJ Publication Collections - From the National Institute of Justice
- Links into many freely available NIJ publications
- Topics include Digital Forensics, Electronic Crime, Forensic Sciences, and more
NIST Chemistry WebBook - From the National Institute of Standards and Technology, an agency of the US Commerce Department
- A searchable text that "provides thermochemical, thermophysical, and ion energetics data compiled by NIST under the Standard Reference Data Program."
NIST Standard Reference Data - From the Office of Law Enforcement Standards of the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Includes many free databases in the fields of biotechnology, chemistry and fire investigation
- Not all databases offer free Web access
PubChem - From the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)
- "PubChem contains the chemical structures of small organic molecules and information on their biological activities."
- Search PubChem by compound, substance, bioassay or structure
U.S. Department of State - 5 FAM-1060 Information Assurance Management
U.S. Department of State - 5 FAH-11 Information Assurance Handbook
- This handbook supplements the policy established in 5 FAM 1060