Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This guide is intended for any Marshall University student, staff, and faculty member looking for trustworthy information regarding library news and available resources during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Starting August 17th, Marshall University Libraries will reopen to current Marshall University students, staff, and faculty only. Community patrons, visitors, and alumni will not have access to enter Drinko without permission or appointments.
Library Building Rules
- You MUST have your MUID to enter the building.
- You MUST be wearing a mask.
- You MUST maintain social distancing practices.
- You MUST NOT move the library furniture (desks, chairs, etc.).
- Only one person at a time is allowed in Library Study Rooms.
Library Updates: Services
Marshall Libraries will only be lending materials through a No-Touch System
- When MU Libraries re-open, you will not be permitted to enter the stacks to select materials; only library staff will be allowed to do this.
- Find the material(s) you need through our library catalog by searching keywords or a specific author or title.
- When you have found the item(s) you would like to borrow, you will place a hold by logging into your My Library account (first-time users: view the special instructions on that login page).
- Your materials will be ready for pickup in the Drinko Library lobby within 24 hours during regular business hours.
- Contact us if you have any questions:
Get Research Help Online
- The Drinko Library Reference Desk has been temporarily removed, so the librarians are now offering virtual research support only. (No drop-ins allowed.)
- Make your research appointment using our Consultation Scheduler.
- Once you have selected a day/time, you will see phone, email, or live video chat options for your appointment. No matter which option you choose, you will receive instructions for connecting with your librarian in the confirmation and reminder emails.
- For quick answers to questions during business hours, Chat with a Librarian. (Please note that the chat option is not intended for in-depth research.)
- Library instruction has also been moved 100% online. Please use our Online Instruction Request form to view those options and to schedule your online library instruction.
Reserve Your Spot to Stay Safe & Healthy
- Because the libraries are taking extra cautions to keep our students safe, there are new rules for using study rooms and reserving seats in Drinko Library.
- Find your space via our Online VHUB Reservation form: https://marshall.libcal.com/reserve/drinko
- If you're new to using the VHUB space, view this How To Video.
- You must be logged in to your Microsoft Office 365 Student account to view this video.
Writing Center Help (Drinko 2nd floor)
Writing Center capacity will be limited, so please view the Writing Center's page for the most up-to-date information on scheduling an appointment with their tutors.
Please note that some of the information contained within these pages link to non-library and non-campus resources. This information is simply curated in order to provide our patrons with as much information and resources as possible during this high-stress situation, and is not an endorsement of any individual, company, vendor, or publisher.